Systems Certification History
In order to continually improve the quality and production level, the quality management system to ISO 9000 standard series has been introduced and applied at ZDAS, a.s.
- In 1993 the Metallurgy plant satisfied the international certification conditions controlled and guaranteed by the classification society RW TÜV and introduced the certified quality management system to CSN EN ISO 9001:2001
- In 1996 a LRQA-certified quality management system was introduced in the field of engineering to CSN EN ISO 9001:2001
- In 2003 after coming in of a strategic partner and majority owner Železiarne Podbrezová, a.s., the management’s meeting decided to reorganize the quality management system in use, namely through joining-up the existing quality systems applicable to the engineering and metallurgical branches in a single quality system which would be certified by one society, with EN ISO 14001: 2004, OHSAS 18001: 1999 standard requirements integrated in. As classification society the Board of Directors appointed the society RW TŰV.
- In May 2005 a certification audit took place to the new Integrated Management System, where the EN ISO 3834-2 requirements – welding quality had been added.
- In May 2010, TÜV NORD auditors carried out successfully the extension audit as per EN ISO 9001:2008 and EN ISO 3835-2 along with the subsequent first inspection audit as per EN ISO 14001:2004 BS OHSAS 18001:2007 performed after the above extension audit.
- On May 2012, successful 6th renewal QMS audit to EN ISO 9001:2008 & EN ISO 3834-2 and the 1st verification audit subsequent to the 2nd renewal audit to EN ISO 14001:2004 & BS OHSAS 18001:2007 took place.
The level of the Integrated Management System in use is annually reviewed by an independent classification society operating under TŰV NORD Czech. s.r.o.
Product Certification History
With the continual quality improvement and increasing production demands it became possible to deliver to the spheres, where a manufacturer: is to be approved by an independent classification society; is to follow product quality requirements specified by that society; and have the inspections witnessed by that society. ZDAS, a.s. started the manufacture approval process, mainly for the metallurgical products:
- In 1991 production of semi-products for pressure devices to AD 2000 WO and ES 97/23 approved by TÜV NORD (Germany)
- In 1992 production of castings and forgings approved by DET NORSKE VERITAS
- In 1993 production of castings and forgings approved by LLOYD’S REGISTER (England), AMERICAN BUREAU OF SHIPPING (USA) and BUREAU VERITAS (France)
- In 1994 production of castings and forgings approved by GERMANISCHER LLOYD
- In 1996 production of forgings for nuclear power stations with reactors VVER440, VVER1000 approved by ITI
- In 2001 production of forgings approved by NIPPON KAIJI KYOKAI (Japan)
- In 2003 forging, casting production and machining as well as gear making and heat treatment approved by the society CESKE DRAHY
- In 2007 production of castings approved by RINA (Italy). Production of forgings approved already in 2003 by that society
So periodic, strictly controlled Integrated Management System conditions and subsequent manufacture approvals by the leading classification societies enable to make specific components intended for the most demanding branches within the engineering industry.